Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Spread

I dug up some pics from Facebook of our little home on the river. First up, the front gate of Camp Cara del Indio:


I brought my 2001 Wavesport EZ down with me thinking it'd be the easiest thing in the world to sell in Chile. As you can see, they treat '01 Wavesports like Our Lord Jesus: not a good marketplace indicator.

Here's a happy picture of the quincho and tent city:


Joel moved straightaway into the quincho itself. Joel is either inside on his paco pad on the floor or in his hammock strung between two posts, also inside. I felt like an asshole and set up my tent. Joel didn't and I'm in my tent and feeling pretty bitter about it.

Here's the Indio himself, on the rocks across the river:


I'm hoping someone took a picture of the whole farm from a rise out on the road. I thought about taking that shot every day I was there but the spot was at least, like, a 10 minute walk away, and as I mentioned I didn't have that kind of time.

For some more shots, check out Raoul Collenteur's website. If Raoul were American, we'd have put him on so much Ritalin he'd have been brain-dead. Instead, he turned out as hyperactive, hyperintelligent eighteen year old Dutch kid that likes kayaking and girls. When things got really slow around camp, he'd take off into the woods giggling to himself with a machete he bought in Honduras and come back a half hour later with a stack of bamboo fronds or some kindling. He also figured out how to make solitaire a three-player game. Check out the Futa entry and the Pucon entry for some good photos.

Blogging is hard.

1 comment:

Flakis said...

Hahaha is impossible to forget Raoul...Ritalin for him? SURE PLEASE!!! But...Futaleufu without his machete, songs, community solitaire, foods and etcetcetc were not be the same don`t you think?
Take care ;)
Joel is a litlle sick :(